Why do I keep repeating the same patterns in my career, my relationship, and my life?
I have a desire to reach my full potential but I feel it is eluding me for some reason.
I am tired of feeling like I am going through the motions and not fully living my life.
I want to understand why I feel anxious, depressed and unfulfilled.
How Counseling with a Psychologist Can Help You
It is a huge step to start to realize that there is a reason why you keep defeating yourself. When you reach this point, I can help you. As a psychologist and psychoanalyst, I can provide you the opportunity to experience the underlying feelings within our therapeutic relationship that you are unable to experience everywhere else in your life. We will then work to understand them together for the first time. From the time we meet until the last moment we have together, I will help you to listen to yourself and know your own heart and soul. You will gain a clear understanding of what you want and how you feel in every important area of your life.
Initial Therapy Questions Individuals Frequently Ask:
How do I choose a therapist?
- Training – How much training does the psychologist have beyond the minimal licensing requirements?
- Passion – How much passion does the therapist have for their work, exhibited in training and teaching students and colleagues?
- Personality - Does the psychologist exhibit both empathy and good clinical judgement? Can she or he genuinely care while remaining objective?
- The right fit – Does the psychologist make you feel like “This is someone I could talk to”?
- Do you come away from your session with the therapist knowing more of what you think as opposed to what the therapist thinks?
How do I know if I need therapy?
- Many patients ask me this question at the initial consultation. I always tell them that what I or anyone else thinks they need is irrelevant. However, if we can understand together what you want, I will be able to tell you if I can help you get there.
Why do patients choose you?
- The most common reason patients choose me as their psychologist is a strong recommendation by colleagues or former patients.
- Patients who have been in previous counseling or therapy, in particular, choose me for my training and experience.
How do I know if this can help me?
- After we gain a clear picture of what you want, I can tell you if psychotherapy is right for you and if I’m the right person to be your therapist.
Whom do you work with best?
- Individuals who have gone as far as they can go in a previous therapy, but feel they are still capable of doing better.
- Couples who love each other, and who are committed to the relationship, but find themselves engaging in unbecoming, dysfunctional or destructive behavior.
- Individuals and couples who need help in sorting out what is an individual problem requiring individual therapy, and what is a relationship problem requiring couple’s therapy.
- Colleagues who want to learn how to differentiate when individual versus couple’s therapy is indicated, and how to differentiate relationship versus individual problems.
How would you work with me?
- From the time we meet until the last moment we have together I would help you listen to yourself and to know your own heart and soul. I would help you get a clear understanding of what you want and how you feel in every important area of your life.